2018 Costs & Fees
Financing: Via 3rd party
Incorporated Name: Ten Ren’s Tea Franchising Co.
Industry: Restaurants (Fast Casual)
Subsector: Asian Restaurants
Total Units: 10
Year Founded: 1984
Franchising Since: 2018
Home Office: Ontario, Canada
What’s the TRT Story?
There’s a reason Ten Ren’s Tea are found everywhere in the world; tea drinks are fast, delicious, and healthy. Ten Ren’s Tea 天仁茗茶 “is located in Australia, Japan, Malaysia, the United States, Canada and other countries. Ten Ren’s Tea was founded in 1980. Ten Ren’s Tea now has over 1000 retails stores across the world “as of 2018”. Making it number #1 tea retailer in the world.
It wasn’t long before they had built a community of raving fans and average unit volumes (AUV) over a million dollars. In 2018, after proving the business model, with 10 open shops, Ten Ren’s Tea began building its community of tea shop owners and food fanatics nationwide.
With success across the world, we took Ten Ren’s Tea to the next level. Ten Ren’s Tea is spreading fast and now operates in 17 states and soon to be 50 open shops.
Ten Ren’s Tea is a fast-casual grab and go concept serving up quality, fresh, healthy and flavorful Asian tea in a high-vibe atmosphere. Through years of mastering tea brewing, serving, and quality, we were able to make cups that are as hearty and delicious as they are healthy.
Our tea is made when you order. Always fresh, never frozen and prepackaged. Customizable drinks meant for delicious and healthier. We have a collection of teas, coming from our own tea plantations with the best certified ISO, HACCP and SGS so we can bring a one-of-a-kind tea taste to each cup at an affordable price.
Ten Ren’s Tea brings tea to a whole new level with a family friendly, neighborhood feel.
Big Cups. Big Profits.
We are very transparent with our numbers. The Franchise Discolsure Document (FDD) shows the Item 19 Financial Performance Representation. The Item 19 includes Income Statements for all shops open 2+ years.
- Sales: AUV $1,096,047*
- Profit: 22-28%* Above Average
- Initial Investment: $200K-$350K* Average
*Refer to the 2017 Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD)
Why Join The Ten Ren’s Tea Express?
- Fully transparent financials: The Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD) includes all Income Statements from shops open 2+ years.
- Fast Growing Segment: The Asian food segment is poised for massive growth as consumers are fascinated with Asian cuisine with a nearly 500% growth in the Asian food trend since 1999.
- Affordable Investment: The total investment is estimated to be significantly lower than the initial investment for a fast-casual restaurant, providing you with the opportunity to open multiple locations, faster, with a superior return on investment.
- Flexibility with store placement with ability for inline stores, small footprints, relatively lower rent, and inexpensive buildouts help franchise owners to increase profits. Ideal square footage is 800-2000 square feet!
- Seasoned Support Team: With a highly capable and dedicated support team with combined 125 years of food franchise experience and outsourced, partner-suppliers, Ten Ren’s Tea Express recognizes the importance of a 1st-class Support Team.
- Franchise-Wide Benchmarking: Ten Ren’s Tea Express owners challenge not only themselves but each other through transparency reports that compare gross revenues, COGS, labor and more to push restaurants to higher profits!
- Alternative to Fast Food Drinks: Tea drinks provide a delicious, healthier, and more fulfilling alternative to the usual fast food experience of soda, pop, and energy drinks. Includes a simple streamlined menu with high quality ingredients, made-to-order with full customization.
Who Are Our Ideal TRTE Owners?
Restaurant experience isn’t necessary to be a TRTE owner, but we have two ideal candidates considered to be successful:
- Restaurant experienced is not required (we provide extensive training to TRTE owners)
- Hospitality minded people
- Coachable personalities(executes Operations Manual and work hard within your four walls)
Multi-Unit Operators (Manage the Manager)
- Management infrastructure is already in place including: Infrastructure, store functions, day to day operations, etc.
- Diversify your portfolio
When it comes to real estate, Ten Ren’s Tea Express is uniquely flexible. From strip malls to power centers, from urban to suburban, and from new build to retro-fit, Ten Ren’s Tea Express can be adapted to a wide variety of real estate.
When you work with the Ten Ren’s Tea Real Estate Team, you get the experience and guidance of a local broker, access to industry leading site selection technology and proven real estate metrics to achieve confident results.
Location analytics technology aids the Real Estate Team with site selection to help determine if customers are near your location using data from current customers to discover where potential customers are in regards to households in proximity, drive time and more.
While our shops range in size from 800 to 2,000+square feet, we consider our “sweet spot” to be between 1,000 to 1,200 square feet. Typical TRTE shops are near other national fast casual brands, with high traffic or pedestrian counts and surrounded by customers with known interests in fitness, sports, do-it-yourself projects and home décor.
Contact us today to find out more about starting your own Ten Ren’s Tea Express business.